Skip to content
Need Help? Call or Email us today

Identity Theft – Tax Related

If your identity has been compromised with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), you will find out in one of two ways.  The first is that your e-filing of your personal taxes will be rejected.  The second is that the IRS will send you a letter.  If either occurs, please contact our office as soon as possible to schedule a meeting to assist us in taking the appropriate steps to protect your identity and resolve related issues.

To ensure compliance going forward, we will prepare Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, and Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (which allows me to work with the IRS on your behalf).

We need one of the following: passport, driver’s license, social security card or other valid federal or state issued identification.

The theft of your identity may also affect your state return filing and other financial matters.  This is not a quick fix.  On average, it takes 4 to 6 months to resolve.

Back To Top